PDF Download FAQs
How do I Download my digital file?
- Once you check out a Download button will appear on your Confirmation page in your browser..
- You will receive a Confirmation email. Click on View Your Order to see your order summary and a Download button.
- You will also receive an email with Download links for your digital purchases indicating your Downloads are ready.
- If you purchased a custom or personalized digital item, we will email your product within 1 to 2 business days.
How do I edit my PDF?
- Editable PDFs are designed for a computer , not mobile devices.
- Be sure your PDF is open in a PDF reader like Adobe Reader and not a web browser.
- If you are using a Mac, be sure to use Adobe Reader, Apple Preview is NOT compatible with editable PDFs.
- Do not use Adobe Reader Touch. It is not compatible with editing Font Properties at this time. You can use Adobe Reader Touch for our non-editable PDFs only.
- Edits other than text are not permitted. Custom PDFs are available upon request at an additional charge.
How do I change the font?
- If your PDF has changeable font properties, use CTRL-E (CMD-E on Mac) to see the Font Properties box. Highlight the text and change the font, size, color, alignment, spacing, etc by selecting your options in the Font Properties box.
- If you see a "+" sign at the end of your text it means your font is too large. Reduce the size until the "+" sign disappears.
How do I save the font?
- Be sure your PDF is open in a PDF reader like Adobe Reader and not a web browser when editing so it will save upon closing the file. Web browsers will not save any of the changes you make.
How many copies can I print?
- You can print as many copies as you need but please don't post them online or share them with others.
- Our PDF files are for personal use only and not for resale.
Why are my labels/stickers/tags not lining up properly?
- Be sure to print at 100% and not Scale to Fit or Fit to Page.
- If things are still not lining up, send an email and we'll fix it for you.
What if I only want to print a few tags or labels?
- You do not need to print on the labels or tags they are formatted for.
- You can print on regular paper (see below for paper recommendations) and cut out the tag/sticker/or label with scissors.
- Apply with clear tape or glue as needed to adhere to your surface.
What kind of paper should I print on?
- We recommend Epson or Brother bright white presentation paper for the sharpest colors but any Bright White Ink Jet Paper will work well.
- Be sure to use the settings recommended for your printer.
How do I print my iron-on transfer mirrored?
- Check your Advanced Settings on your printer and select Mirror or Reverse.
- Some HP Printers do not have the Mirror option. If your printer cannot do Mirror, send an email and we can send you a mirrored PDF to print.
- Mirrored printing is not typically required for Dark Transfer paper. Please refer to your transfer paper instructions.
Do I need a password?
- No password is needed if you use Adobe Reader or another PDF reader.
- Our Printables are not designed to be modified except for the Highlighted Fields that can be edited with text.
- If you need changes to the Printable you can request a Custom Design by sending an email to us.
- Some Print Providers (Staples, FedEx Office, Office Depot, etc.) require Permission from Max & Otis Designs before they will print. You may download a Permission Letter here.