Iron-on Transfer FAQS
How do I use my PDF Iron-On Transfer?
- Be sure your PDF is open in a PDF reader like Adobe Reader and not a web browser.
- If you are using a Mac, be sure to use Adobe Reader, Apple Preview is NOT compatible with editable PDFs.
How do I edit the text?
- Click in the light blue box and start typing to edit the name. The text will adjust to fit automatically.
How do I change the size?
- Our Iron-on PDFs are sized for an 8.5 x 11 sheet and printed at 100%.
- To print at a smaller size for babies and toddlers, reduce the % in your printer settings. Do test prints on regular paper to check the size before printing on transfer paper.
- Enlarging the print is not recommended as the graphic will be blurry.
What kind of paper should I print on?
- Use Ink Jet Iron-On Transfer paper and follow the instructions in the package.
- If you are printing on dark fabric be sure to use Ink Jet Dark Shirt Transfer Paper.
How many copies can I print?
- You can print as many copies as you need but please don't post them online or share them with others.
- Our PDF files are for personal use only and not for resale.
How do I print my iron-on transfer mirrored?
- Check your Advanced Settings on your printer and select Mirror or Reverse.
- Some HP Printers do not have the Mirror option. If your printer cannot do Mirror, send an email and we can send you a mirrored PDF to print.
- Please note that your image does not need to be mirrored when printing on dark transfer paper.
How do I apply to my shirt?
- Follow the instructions on the package of your Ink Jet Iron-On Transfer paper.
- Do not use steam or water.
- Use a piece of parchment (baking) paper or a thin sheet or pillowcase over the transfer to protect your garment from the iron.
- Apply a steady, heavy pressure while moving the iron.
- Peel off a corner, if the backing does not peel off easily, press more.
- Even if the instructions say to peel hot, let the paper cool for a few seconds before peeling before for better results.