Vinyl Transfer FAQs
What is Heat Transfer Vinyl?
- Heat Transfer Material is a film material which has a heat-activated adhesive backing, so it can bond permanently onto fabric.
- It can be applied onto various fabric surfaces, such as t-shirts, jerseys, or bags.
- Great for creating customized apparel and gifts.
- Heat Transfer Material is a professional-looking material that creates high-quality projects.
What is Permanent Adhesive Vinyl?
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl easily sticks to just about any smooth surface including: cars, computers, glass, mirrors, plastic and walls.
- Vinyl can be used for almost anything including: Banners, Bumper Stickers, Decals, Glass, Mirrors, Scrapbooking, Signs, Stickers, Windows, Wraps.
- It is not intended for interior walls.
How do I apply Heat Transfer Vinyl?
- Preheat your iron to the hottest setting without steam and have a pillowcase, parchment paper, handkerchief or something similar nearby.
- Lay your shirt or other item out flat on your ironing board.
- Position your design exactly as you want it to look.
- Be sure the clear plastic backing is up and the vinyl is touching the shirt or whatever you're transferring the design to.
- If you have text, it should be reading correctly and not a mirror image.
- Take your extra piece of material - (ie. handkerchief) and lay it down on top of the vinyl/backing.
- Now press your iron down on top with a lot of pressure for about 45-60 seconds.
- Remove the iron and the extra fabric and slowly peel up a small area of the clear backing. If the vinyl does not stay on the shirt, lay it all back down and add more heat and pressure from the iron.
- If the heat transfer vinyl does stick, and it should, slowly peel away the backing.
How do I apply Permanent Adhesive Vinyl?
- Clean your surface - make sure the surface that you are planning on applying the vinyl to is clean and dry.
- Peel transfer tape (the red & white layer over your vinyl) slowly off the backing. Your vinyl WILL stick to the transfer tape.
- Position the transfer tape with your image over the surface you are applying it to. Make sure it is aligned properly before lowering it onto your surface.
- Use a flat edge (credit card, gift card, Popsicle stick, etc.) to rub over the transfer tape to smooth out the vinyl and adhere firmly.
- Slowly peel off transfer tape - if vinyl is not sticking, put transfer tape back down and repeat step above.